Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Final Thoughts

The project ends today.

Wait, don't leave yet. I have decided to remain vegan.

These are my final thoughts because I felt I needed to summarize my thoughts so far, but I am going to continue updating this blog. Mostly because I enjoy trying out vegan recipes, but also to continue tracking my progress.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this project. It had transformed me.

Back to the beginning:
On October 6th, 2010 I read an excerpt from Upton Sinclair's The Jungle. Upon reading it I could not longer eat animals and decided to try a vegan lifestyle. At the time I was eating animals typically twice a day or more.

Over the past 2 months I have struggled to balance the new diet and have been forced to continuously affirm why I care enough to continue. I slipped up and ate animal products for 3 days in November, but other than that I have successfully changed my life.

I feel healthier, happier, and all around have more energy. My heartburn is still gone (it came back when I slipped up and ate meat) and, as I said before, that alone is a reason to continue. I will remain a vegan and hopefully the stories and recipes I have shared so far have helped some of you reduce your consumption a little at a time.

To wrap this up I would like to take this opportunity to see if anyone has any questions about my experience.

Thanks so much.

-Jeffrey

No comments: