Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Baba Ganoush Recipe - Thanks to Gigi

My Environmental Philosophy class is doing an "Ethical Potluck" next class and one of the students had to do hers today because she won't be there.

It was delicious so I asked her for the recipe. I've had baba ganoush plenty of times but I've never made it myself. I am going to make this recipe ASAP!

Baba Ganoush Recipe
Eggplants - 3 Medium Size
Tahini Sauce
Lemon
Garlic - About 5 cloves
Olive Oil

Dip:
Preheat oven to 300 degrees
Drizzle eggplants with olive oil, bake in oven until soft (I usually guesstimate after 10 minutes.)
Take out insides and discard skin
Mix a few table spoons of tahini sauce (however much you want... just to taste)
Squeeze in about a half of a lemon
Soften 3 to 4 cloves of garlic in the microwave for about 10 seconds, press through a garlic press and add to mixture
Drizzle Olive oil on top

Chips:
Cut tortilla into chip sizes
Place on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil
Add alt and pepper to taste
Bake until golden brown

This recipe is courtesy of Gigi Kraynick

Oh, and here was her reasoning on the food being ethical:
She used the eggplants from her parents garden and bought the homemade tortillas from a stand. Sounds pretty good to me.

-Jeffrey

2 comments:

Adamas said...

Excellent blog.
Do you know about Vegan MoFo?
http://veganmofo.wordpress.com/

Also, you should consider joining the Denton Veg Society!
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=281354427991&ref=ts

Jeffrey Barnett said...

Sorry, it took so long to get back you to.

I've been on a magical journey exploring Vegan MoFo. I love cooking but tend to just google dishes I want rather than be shown dishes that are new or different. I'm already making a list of the recipes I want to try out.

Oh, and I joined the Denton Veg Society yesterday. Hopefully I can bring something to the next gathering.